Skip to main content

The 12 Days of Blogging

I have not blogged since mid-October. I won’t bore you with excuses; I’ll just say that I am sorry and that, for the past few days, I’ve been thinking of how to get things going again. I could write a “catching up” post summarizing what has been going on in the family, but that might take so long to accomplish that it would end up going un-done, and it might be dull stuff to read anyway. Alternately, I could just jump in with current material, but that would pass over some fun stories and cute pictures from the past two months. So instead, I will offer you a little Christmas amusement: 12 Days of Blogging*.

For the next 12 days consecutively, I will post something on this blog. I do not promise that this "something" will be lengthy or well polished. I may compose after the mode of Samuel Johnson, meaning that I may not even re-read my work before I hit “publish.” Such a method, though it may give some rough writing, may also give you a fresh, varied view of our lives. You might think of these blogs as bite-sized appetizers, or perhaps desserts if you prefer, on a buffet table. The fun is as much in the variety of the sampling as it is in the taste of any particular bite (though I hope the bites are good too). So grab a plate and get ready. The 12 Days of Blogging commence tomorrow!

*P.S. When I ran this idea by Matt, he said, "so you'll start on Christmas and end on Epiphany?" Spoken like a good Episcopalian. But, no; I am not so blasphemous as to align my blog with the church calendar. I'm just using "The 12 Days" as a numerical unit that has passed into pop culture, as in the "12 Days of Deals" many retailers are advertising. Besides, if I waited until Christmas to start, it might defeat the idea of jump-starting the blog altogether.

Comments